Never Miss a Chance to Do the Most Good
Please enter your email and zip code below to sign up!
The Salvation Army of Chico speaks the language of hope. The following are 10 ways in which we bring hope to our community - every day, year after year.
- We serve over 15,000 individuals in the immediate Chico area each year
- We provide a free six-month residential treatment program for people recovering from drug and alcohol addiction
- We reunite families in addiction recovery through our Transitional Living Program (including work place readiness and parenting assistance)
- We give more than 17,000 food boxes and bags of fresh produce to food-insecure families each year
- We provide scholarships for low income kids to summer camps and local education programs
- We repurpose the goods that are donated to us, selling them at our Family Thrift Stores to support those in our rehabilitation program (plus, beneficiaries of that program help process donations as a way of rebuilding job skills)
- We offer free (and low-cost) homeless prevention enrichment classes for seniors and families
- We stand on call to provide meals and emotional/spiritual support to first responders and victims of emergency situations and disasters
- We provide homeless prevention resources, such as clothing vouchers, rental support, and PG&E assistance)
- We collaborate with other agencies, churches and community groups to serve Chico and provide opportunities to those in need
Our mission is to not only meet the very real immediate needs that exist in Chico, but also to provide opportunities for restoration and recovery. Alongside our esteemed Advisory Board members, generous donors and volunteers, we are able to provide hope to families and individuals overcoming serious life issues.
Will You Join Us?
In order to continue and expand programs that lift people up and bring families back together, we need community partners like you.